Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Serving: Showing the Savior

I am in awe and tremble in humility at the work that our Lord chooses to do through faithful servants, though imperfect and only knowing a thimbles worth of God's glory! And amazingly even that tiny understanding will not only transform the life of one who seeks Him, but will transform the lives of so many others through that finite creature. I stand amazed...rather I lay prostrate before my Savior saying can it be? Can it be? Can it be that you died for me? Can it be that you wish to work in me? Can it be that you chose to work through me? Will you ask the same question? His answer is a thunderous yes! His answer is a fatherly affirmation to His children. Yes, I choose you!
Allow me... Allow our church, I pray, to shine your light through us into this darkened room of life. Please take the time to read the link below and allow God to use this servant's life to lead you and all of us to seek Him with all our hearts, and to make Him known, and to spur us all on to show people in the dark the light of God's grace and mercy. We see God's will worked out through the life of this dear servant of God. His will for people of all tribes, all languages, every people group, every nation...may it be with us too. One finite, imperfect man's life tranformed and passionate to glorify God. We see the evidence of its impact on so many people, even today. Yes, today, because his life challenges me. Let it challenge you today!

http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/Biographies/1531_George_Muellers_Strategy_for_Showing_God/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And when he turned 70 he fulfilled a life-long dream of missionary work for the next 17 years until he was 87." When I read that part about Mueller I had to sit back and think to myself, "Am I going to be serving in such a capacity that late in my life?" How convicting that is to see someone serve the Lord in such a way at that age. Especially when there are times that I don't feel like doing so at my age.

When we fully grasp the idea that it is God that calls us to serve and gives us the strength to do so, we will serve in a way that Mueller did. Knowing that God chooses us to do His work when we are yet sinners is truly something to be humbled by.